See the difference between standard, super low lux, and IR CCTV security cameras.
Use this tool to see how different no light and low light camera implementations compare . The use of no IR illuminator, a built-in IR, or an external IR illuminator will have a significant impact on image quality.
- Normal light - this shows how the scene appears under regular indoor lighting conditions.
- Low light with day/night cam - although this is a day/night camera it does not have IR illumination and needs ambient light to capture an image.
- Low light with low lux cam - this image is generated by an extremely low light black and white camera without an IR illuminator.
- No light day/night cam with IR illuminator - this day/night camera is in black and white mode with an external IR illuminator next to it.
- No light low lux with IR illuminator - this image is from a low light camera using an external IR illuminator.
- No light with built in IR - this camera has the IR illuminator built into the camera.
- No light with built in IR and IR illuminator - although this camera has a built-in IR illuminator it is also using an external IR illuminator to increase IR strength.